Location: New Glasgow
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting into the Financial Analysis and Treasury department, this role has key exposure across all lines of our business and is responsible for providing analytical support for the various financial and operational aspects of Crombie REIT. Additional duties of the Financial Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with all key stakeholder groups, including management to understand business objectives, and align with financial and operational strategy.
- Supporting budgeting, forecasting, capital tracking, and treasury.
- Collaborating across the organization with a focus on Construction, Development, Operations and Accounting departments to ensure Crombie’s job cost system and processes support reporting requirements while providing strategic financial and analytical support/coordination to maximize value creation for Crombie.
- Providing ad hoc analysis, insight, research, and reporting in support of multiple Crombie departments as required.
- Researching and supporting the monitoring and analysis in review of various Crombie KPIs, ensuring all relevant databases/reports are maintained and accurate.
- Preparing MD&A disclosure, various department documents and presentations, in addition to supporting other departmental functions as necessary.
- Supporting Senior Management to continuously improve processes in their respective departments and designing reporting output to support the business needs.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum five years of related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Finance. An MBA, CFA, CBV, or CPA designation (completed or in progress) is mandatory. Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in working in Excel, Power Point, Word, online and research tools are a must.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2020. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Financial Analyst
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.